Monday, July 23, 2012

3rd Trimester

27 weeks with little Elara.
Photo cutesy of Kael. 

I have to use a Nacho Libre quote when thinking about the second trimester...
"It's the Best"!
Little Elara is such an active little girl already. Being in the 2nd trimester was perfect for traveling to Europe. I'd go go go seeing everything and then we'd get back in the car and I'd fall asleep until we got out again. Now that I'm in the 3rd trimester I'm starting to really feel big. The 3rd trimester has brought an extra wiggly girl, no more lap room for Kael and Eden, heart burn (thankfully resolved by prescription medicine), and a sense that time is running out.
My to do list is only getting longer and it makes me nervous. Derek was suppose to be on outpatient internal medicine, but the school was having a hard time with their contracts with doctors and switched him to in-patient. Instead of a 7 to 6ish schedule Mon through Friday he is back to 6 days a week, a call day and an unknown schedule... This isn't helping my hunny do list. Not to mention when this is done he will be in surgery until I'm 36 weeks. Medical school is not very considerate of the pregnant wife. However, I cannot complain although I just did, because Derek is working so hard to find us a car and help me get ready for Elara in all that spare time he has you know, and still play and love on Kael and Eden. He is AMAZING through all of this and I'm so glad I have him. 
We are getting excited to meet Elara and see our little family grow. We are loving our family of 4 and where we are at, but know it will be great to have Elara. The count down is on. My next apt is August 7th and we will then schedule an ultrasound to see if my placenta has moved. I'm trying to be as patient as possible and give it lots of time to move. So, hopefully in about a month we will have some good news.

Kael and Eden sure are ready to meet Elara. They go around telling people, baby Elara is in Mommy's tummy. And people keep saying, "What?" I then have to explain Elara is the baby's name, and they get it. They are so excited to tell the world about their new baby sister coming in a couple months. Kael is always coming up to my stomach and yelling, "Wake up baby Elara". Yup, that hasn't stopped... I'm hoping I can put an end to it when she is born, or there will be serious consequences...... Eden is always trying to pull up my shirt so she can see baby Elara. And a couple nights ago I was taking Kael to the bathroom around 2 am and he ran into the door. The poor kid... He kept crying and was going to wake everyone up so I sat him on the toilet and said quick feel Elara kicking you! So he did and sure enough she kicked him for the first time. He was so excited and stopped crying and was so happy! He kept saying her foot kicked me! I love that Kael and Eden are so excited. It has made my excitement double since I get to share it with them. Kael is going to be a great big brother to another little sister and take just as good care of her as he does Eden. And Eden is going to love having a little sister. Of course they will all have their moments, but man they are the cutest siblings right now. I hope they still love each other this much always.

1 comment:

Jane and Stuart said...

Love the name! That sucks about having to do inpatient twice stu inpatient only got cut by one week. We still need to chat. Sorry about the phone tag!