Sunday, March 06, 2011

Kael is 31 months and a potty update.

I only just realized that Kael is another month older. I just can't believe how fast time goes by. The kid is just doing awesome. He is saying well over 100 words now. This is a huge improvement because at the end of November he could only really say about 5 words clearly. He is putting words together like more milk, or juice please. He is repeating almost everything. Which I now really have to be careful what I say because he is copying me now even though he doesn't understand what I say... Ooops. We can ask him to say something like "say hi grandma" and he repeats it so clear. I couldn't imagine being at this point several months ago. Kael has a long way before he is caught up with his speech, but he is impressing me every day! He is trying so hard and I'm so proud of him.

He still has his horrible tantrums about once a day, but I think he is getting to normal 2 year old tantrums. He is so sad when people have to leave and during any transition for that matter that he goes hysterical. However, it is because he loves people so much. He is getting better every day and the better his speech gets, the better his behavior is.

He is doing well in nursery, except for singing time. He is the crazy kid running around like a maniac. I think that it is over an hour past his nap time, and the poor boy is just like his dad and goes crazy (gets hyper / over excited) when he is tired. ;)

As for potty training.
Kael is doing AMAZING! He is staying dry during naps and didn't have a single accident today. Well, I'm not counting #2 because we are still working on that. However, I feel confident about leaving the house and knowing that Kael will tell me if he has to go! I had no idea 2 weeks ago that right now Kael would be where he is at potty trained.

Any suggestions for how to get #2 down? This has been going so much better than I could ever have dreamed of, but I still don't know how to get him to poop in the toilet. HELP.

I can't believe how nervous I was for this point. Kael has made this a good experience for me. Don't get me wrong, it has been difficult, but Kael is determined when he puts his mind to something and he teaches me so much. Doing hard things is possible. Way to go Kael!

I am so so so so so so so so proud of Kael! He is the sweetest most loving boy. He takes care of Eden, he takes care of me. We love you Kael! Thanks for your hard work this month. Keep it up!

No comments: