Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1 Year: Eden's Post

This day came way too quickly. So quickly I can hardly remember bringing her home from the hospital. I do remember the thought coming to my head as my water broke, "am I really ready for this?!" You know that panicky thought that comes before the baby that there is no turning back and this baby is coming ready I'm ready or not. I will forever be grateful for Eden joining our family when she did. I think I didn't quite have my head on straight when we decided it would be great to have our kids about 18 months apart. I think it was best though because if I knew how crazy Kael was going to be all the time, I would have waited to have Eden, and she needs to be in our family now.

Eden is such a joy. She observes everything. That is how she learns. She watches Kael do something and then decides that she wants to do it. She is so much quieter than Kael. I blame this on myself. I am very loud, and I'm learning the older I get to understand volume control. Eden has this figured out for the most part. I took her grumpy to a relief society activity that was to sit and listen. I could never take Kael as a baby or a toddler to something like this, especially if he was grumpy. Eden wiggled a little on my lap, and I could tell she wasn't happy, but she handled it! Don't get me wrong, I love Kael and his energetic personality. It is just amazing to see the differences. Eden is her own person and she shines!

I have to work and work to earn a smile from her, but when I get her toothy little grin, it just melts your heart. She is a mommy's girl, but daddy is the best at getting her to smile.

Her bald little head is getting some gorgeous hair. She already has more hair on her head than I did at this age. It makes me happy because I can officially put in piggy tails. One is not cute, but two are adorable!

Eden is so close to walking. I know she knows how, but she just needs a little confidence. She walks along furniture just fine, and will even hold your hand, but taking one or two steps is a little scary for her. She is amazing at riding her little pink car though. It is adorable!

She is sleeping from 7 to 7 and it makes me so happy! I can't believe how sleep deprived I have been, and I have to stop complaining about getting up in the mornings now.

Eden can clap her hands. Point to things that she likes with her pointer finger. Wave bye to dad. Say da da and ma ma, especially when she is upset. She eats like a champ, but still won't drink a whole lot from a sippy cup. And my biggest fear right now is that Kael is going to pee in the toilet and leave the seat up and Eden will play in the toilet. Gross. Yes. I have so far prevented this from happening, but she is fascinated with the toilet.

She got a baby doll for her birthday present, and I never knew having a girl could be so much fun until I see her hold her baby! She has loved it from the moment she saw it. She picks her up and just squeezes her. She sleeps with her and loves her. The only problem is that Kael loves this doll too. It is too funny. He tries to feed the baby and love it just like Eden. It's super cute.

For Eden's birthday we got to go see her Grammy at the park in the morning. She loved playing on the playground with her cousins and Kael. She just wanted to be with the kids and not stuck with mom. Then she got to open her baby doll. When dad was a school we waited by riding around on cars and eating popsicles. When dad got home we got to eat cupcakes! Eden kept trying to grab the flame on the candle. It was too cute! Then, she inhaled her cupcake! It was too funny because when Kael turned one he didn't even hardly touch his cupcake, but she loved it!


Eden you are such a joy! Your smile brings warmth to my heart. Bringing you home a year ago was so worth it! Thank you for being a part of our family. We love you so much! Keep growing into the little person you are, just do it as slow as you can for mom. K.
Love,
Mom, Dad, and Kael

1 comment:

Nyberg Family said...

So SO SOOOO cute! We have 2 baby dolls for the same reason. :) Girls are so much different from boys, it's so fun to see how they naturally gravitate towards girly things and jump into the "I'm the Mommy and want to Mommy everything" mode. Can't wait to squeeze those cute little Boopy cheeks! Happy late birthday little sweet Eden!