Monday, November 29, 2010

The Sleep Study

A no good very BAD night.
Before
After
Tubes shoved up his nose and there were cords all over his chest, arms, and legs. He has welts all over his body and face from all the tape and cords...
The study went terrible. The poor kid slept maybe 2 hours the entire time he was there. Could you blame him?! I wouldn't be able to sleep either. The technician said they should get some results, but I'm certain even if they did it won't give us what we need. I will NOT do this again if they ask to. No matter what. Poor Derek couldn't sleep at all. Overall, bad experience.

3 comments:

123123 said...

Oh my goodness that makes me so sad!! Poor little guy!! I hope he's able to recover quickly from all that!!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I wouldn't have been able to sleep either! Poor Kael. I hope you get some helpful info for all the trouble.

Metcalf Family said...

OH MY!! Well I sure hope you get some sort of answer but wth!! Did they REALLY need to shove those tubes up his nose.. what was the purpose for that?? So sad! They need to come up with a better way of doing a sleep study for a toddler... like going to HIS house and putting stuff on him after hes asleep or SOMETHING that looks so awful.. i'm glad you weren't there... as a mother I'd have been bawling haha Poor Kael!