Friday, November 26, 2010

2010 Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving this year has been a lot of fun! I have so much to be grateful for and I really am! I am loving the weather. Yes, it is snowy and cold and I am stuck inside with the kids, but it has been so different from St. George weather and we have made the best out of it. Kael loves playing in the snow and so do I it turns out. Derek went to school on Tuesday, but he came back after a half hour because it was a blizzard warning and the school shut down. Sweet! We "almost" got to have 2 extra days of vacation, but school went on as normal the next day. Turns out, it wasn't a blizzard, but we had fun thinking about being in one anyway. We even went to the store and stocked up on extra water just in case. ;) I really need to finish my food storage supply... Really we could only survive a couple days with the stock we have...
On Wednesday Kael and I played in the snow. It was so deep that it went to his knees! It was so fun! With the wind chill it was in the negatives though so it was really cold.
That night we went to Jerris' house and dropped the kids off and Derek took me on a date to see Harry Potter 7. It was AWESOME. We ate dinner without having to shovel food into our kids mouths, keep them in high chairs, clean diapers or ANYTHING! It was so fun. Thanks Jer and Jill! We then spent the night at their house so we wouldn't have to do a ton of driving with the kids. The kids made it a really long night. Kael had a hard time sleeping and cried from about 11 to 2:30 during the night. He kept waking Eden up and half the time I had them both up at the same time. He went through 3 sippee cups of milk and locking him in the closet before he finally fell asleep! The next morning we watched the Macy's Day parade on tv and then headed to eat our Thanksgiving feast at Mimi's cafe with Derek's family. We wore our pilgrim hats and all. ;) Eden of course had to have a blow out diaper, which is becoming a habit for her when we are in public...
We came home around 1 and had a good nap.
Today was a blast! We bundled the kids and ourselves up and went with Derek's family to the zoo. It was our own personal zoo trip. Best way to go to the zoo, make sure it is black friday and only 14 degrees outside. The animals were all VERY active. We went everywhere you can't take a stroller because the park was completely empty. We then had hot chocolate at the car, which was so good. Then we went to the pizza factory where Eden proceeded to have another blow out diaper... And once again were able to come home for a great nap. Kael did awesome on this trip and I am so proud of him. He is getting so big and behaving better every once in a while.
Now for another date with my hubby tonight. We are going to watch a movie and cuddle on the couch. IBC rootbeer here I come!
And I didn't take any pictures. Oh well.
Tomorrow night is Kael's sleep study. I'm hoping it goes well, but we will see shortly.
I'm so grateful for family. Especially Kael, Eden, and Derek. They are my world! I love you so much and I love being your mom/wife! Thank you for another AMAZING year!
Good night!

No comments: