Thursday, September 06, 2012

Kael's 1st Day of Preschool

Excited much?! Kael will be going to preschool on Monday and Wednesday from 8:30 to 11. He will take a bus to and from school. For his first day I of course had to drive him and see him off. He picked out a Dora book and sat down on a couch and said, "Bye Mom, have a good day". Poor Eden was so sad and wanted to stay and play with the "different toys". She got over it pretty quick when we went to the store and I got her a donut... I was proud of myself. No tears. Just a phone call to Aunt Shelly to tell her my woes and all was well. The wait wasn't bad. I think I checked my phone every 15 minutes once we got home from the store. I was so nervous about meeting the bus at the right spot at the right time. When the bus pulled up I got to go in. There was one other boy still on the bus with Kael and there was a bus driver and another man to help buckle the kids and get them on and off the bus safely. They said that Kael had to give them directions and tell them how to get to his house and that he invited them over to play and eat at his house. ;) Next week they learn the letter 10 and the letter A. He had red juice stains on his mouth from his juice and goldfish crackers. He was so funny. He did tell me at nap time that he didn't need to go back to school for a while because he missed me. Don't worry he will be so excited next week. I'm so glad it is only 2 days a week. The kid is awesome! I'm so proud of him and excited to see what this year brings! Oh wait, kindergarten next year... So glad we have a year. Love you Kael! You did awesome and I'm so proud of you!
Eden insisted on pictures of her wearing a back pack too. Really glad she has several years with me still!




1 comment:

Jerris Heaton said...

Cute! Love it!