Monday, September 17, 2012

Hard things and a Name


One of the reason's I had for wanting to do a natural labor was to tell myself I could do hard things. Bah. What c-section isn't hard?! Crap, I'm going to do something HARD! And, I'm going to be excited about it! I had my 36 week ultrasound today and that darn placenta hasn't moved. Little Elara started sticking her tongue out at us like she was saying, "Neener neener, I'm going to be stubborn". Not that it's her fault that the placenta went where it did, but it was just too funny and cute. It was amazing to see her. She was opening her mouth and sticking her tongue out and just being a baby! She was adorable already and I'm in love. Seeing her on the ultrasound made it so real that she is coming and I will do whatever I need to get her here safe and healthy! She is so perfect.
Her official name is going to be Elara Jane Bradley.

Elara means: The Lord is my Light
Jane means: God is Gracious

God is gracious to give me Elara. I hope she can let the Lord be her light in this life like her name says, and be the amazing little girl she already is. I'm so excited to meet her and I know she is going to be a great addition to our family. My next doctor's appointment is Friday and we can hopefully pick a day for the c-section then. I'll update then.

3 comments:

Metcalf Family said...

I'm sorry for the disappointing news of having to have a c-section. You know how I feel about unnecessary medical intervention, but at times like this I am SO thankful for modern medicine. If you were back in the pioneer days you would bleed to death having a placenta covering your cervix. I love her beautiful name and am so excited for you and your family to have another little blessing. Good luck and make your c-section a great experience as well. Make sure you tell them you want to be able to SEE her as soon as she is born and hold her (ulness there is some big issue that shouldn't be a problem) Because of the strong numbing medication you might all of a sudden think you cannot breath (that happened to me and they knocked me out) Calm down you CAN breath... ask if you can put your hand up to your mouth or nose and take some breaths in and out. Wear a binder!! You need that support while your stomach heals and please ask for and accept any help. Honestly my recovery wasn't THAT bad with Kalista. You will do great and just go into it with a grateful attitude that this procedure is saving you and your baby :) PS. Your natural birth can still happen with the next!! (if you decide to have anymore) Love YOu!!

scott said...

Oh Sharice, you are so cute. I am so excited for this new addition to your already dang cute family. Congratulations. I will pray all goes well and that you can have a speedy recovery. Ah heck, moms that already have kids have to recover quick. Good luck and I will look forward to pictures and details.....
Love ya,
Jill

Jane and Stuart said...

Thanks for naming her after me!