Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our Easter

This year we did a low key Easter and it was wonderful! The kids had a great time too I think. It started with the courtyard Easter egg hunt. The kids had a blast and found 20 eggs each, all full of candy! It was great! Then, the next Saturday we dyed these lovely Easter eggs. Derek's family never dyed eggs, but my family did, and the kids love it, so it is sticking! Besides, you can't have egg wars with plastic eggs. I have decided that we will do both plastic eggs and dyed eggs in our house! We also decided we are going to try to cut back on candy for the kids. They did get a TON the week before. So, I had saved buckets and eggs from the year before and went to Walmart's Easter section and bought tiny bubbles, stamps, and bouncy balls and stuffed the eggs with those. Then got Kael a puzzle and coloring book for his bucket. Eden got jewelry and a coloring book. It was perfect! The kids absolutely loved the toys the Easter bunny brought! We ended up waiting until after nap time to do our hunt and have the Easter Bunny come because Derek was still super sick and needed to stay home from church for a little extra rest before a big test the next day. So, Sunday I got the kids dressed and we went to church to learn about Jesus! It was fun getting to explain Easter to Kael just a little. I of course was late, and totally spaced out getting Easter morning pictures. They were super cute of course, but nothing special. Kael learned about Jesus in primary and pointed out the many pictures of Jesus. I love that the kids love pointing out who Jesus is in every picture the see. I have big plans for next year to teach a little about the resurrection. Oooh I LOVE Easter. It is one of my favorite holidays and I love sharing it with my kids and cute hubby now!


 I also included some pictures of our craft projects over the last week. We've been having fun with glue and glitter. And my friend Jill brought over these super cute animals that you can put together and the kids loved helping me glue them together and are still playing with them. They really love animals!

No comments: