Friday, April 20, 2012

A Kael and Eden Update

Last night Kael had to go to the bathroom around midnight. He must have been really tired because when he was sitting in the bathroom he asked for Mom's warm slippers. I had no idea where they were at. I told him I didn't know and he just needed to go potty and go to bed. He then broke down in hysterical crying. I then told him he needed to stop crying or he'd wake up Dad and Eden. He looked at me with those sad eyes and said, "Mom, I can't stop crying. I sooo saaaad!". Ya. It was just so sad. Mostly I was just tired and grumpy. Every time he has to pee at night he insists I carry him back to bed. Then, I found my bean bag that I use to keep my feet warm and warmed it up for him and that seemed to be ok. He is too funny. He is getting so big and independent. It is so fun and heartbreaking at the same time to see him learning about emotions. He really does get sad if someone says something mean to him or hits him. He also tells us how happy is with some things. When I gave him an otter pop the other day he said, "Oh thank you much Mom! I sooooo happy!" And the kid had the biggest grin on his face. He then usually insists on kissing my cheek saying, "Need to kiss your cheek Mom". He is too funny.

As for Eden, she is becoming quite the little girl. We have started potty training. Well, she has insisted on it. We are struggling together. For some reason my heart just hasn't been in it. Maybe it is harder than Kael I don't know. After about a week of trying we have about 7 stickers on the board. She is getting really good at going first thing in the morning and right before bed. We are working on day time though... It seems like I always just miss getting her on the potty. She is stubborn too and unless it is her idea she won't just sit there. So, I was feeding her lunch and was almost done and I had about 5 more minutes until I was going to put her on the potty and all of a sudden I hear the, "Mom oh noooo pee Mom!!!" Then, I walk in to find pee all over the chair and her just standing there. There was also the incident where she was in Kael's room and ran in yelling, "Go pee MOM!" and was running to her potty. When I got there she of course had already gone somewhere so I asked her where she went potty and she took me to Kael's room where I found a trail almost all the way to her potty. So, she started going and realized she needed to get on the potty but couldn't stop going. It was pretty funny. So, I think she is learning. And I know she wants to learn. She is really excited and I feel like it would be more detrimental to stop trying than to keep going. She loves her princess underwear and when she has peed through them all instead of putting on a diaper she refused and I had to get some of Kael's underwear to appease her... It has been a learning experience for me for sure, but I think we are getting there together. Just a little slower than I'd like.

These two little rascals keep me on my toes and I am loving every minute with them. They make me excited for #3. They are the sweetest little stinkers you've ever met. I'm so proud of their daily accomplishments and love being with them all day long. 

No comments: