Thursday, April 12, 2012

The last 12 weeks.

13 weeks!
Why is it that Heavenly Father lets us women get baby hungry about the time we forget what being pregnant and having a newborn is like? He puts this thought in our hearts and minds that "Yes, I could do this again, yes I am certain it is time for the next one." However, as soon as the morning sickness, aka all day sickness, kicks in I start thinking, "What in the world was I thinking!?!" I can't handle being sick with 2 kids, so I won't be able to handle a 3rd child. Sleep?! I loved my sleep. And then there are the small moments when Heavenly Father has to remind you again, "It's ok. This too shall pass, and it will all be worth it because you get another precious baby in 9 months, and that baby will be worth it, I promise".

To say these last 12 weeks have been hard is probably an understatement in my opinion. I felt like I was preparing my mind and body so well for this pregnancy. I started cutting out sugar and eating healthy foods since September, taking my prenatal vitamins in September as well. I was working out and getting my body in shape to handle pregnancy better. I felt prepared this time around before I actually got pregnant!

Then, when I found out I was pregnant the kids got sick and I stopped sleeping. The whole month of February was a long month. I was sick, the kids were sick and board study began to be in depth for Derek. Our Disneyland vacation was much needed by the time it came!

However, I think Derek and I over did it at Disneyland because as soon as we got back we got sick and this month has been the month for Derek and I to be sick. Poor Derek has regular school, board study, clinic, research, and whatever else med school can pile on, all on top of being super super sick. The poor guy just hasn't had a break. The story of this month is, "It's viral, good luck with that". No antibiotic will help and nothing is helping the sickness to just go away, especially since Derek has no time to catch up on sleep!

As for my pregnancy around week 6 I started having really sharp pains on my left side for about 2 weeks and then it switched to my right side as well. After talking to Derek's medical school friend's dad who is an OB/GYN (because my doctor wouldn't see me) we determined it was probably round ligament pain.
So, needless to say this has been my hardest first trimester. I was in pain, nauseous, and sick. Then, to top it all off after being sick and coughing for so long I got pleurisy which made one more horrible pain to deal with. I was lucky my round ligament pain was starting to go away by this time.

However, I am finally feeling somewhat like a human being again. Poor Derek isn't quite yet there yet, but it is getting better every day. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I'm feeling so much better and getting a little more energy! I have finally cleaned my apartment and it is so nice to have it clean and feel human. The daily tasks seem manageable again, and maybe just maybe when October gets here I will be able to take care of 3 little human beings. And surprisingly, I'm getting excited again for this chance to bring another baby into this world. The thought of holding #3 is getting more and more exciting! Yay for the second trimester and yay for feeling human. The only good part to having pains in my first trimester was that I got to see our little peanut at just 9 weeks! I have never gotten to have an early ultrasound before and it was so reassuring to see a heart beat and this baby waving at me! Now I'm just super excited for the 20 week ultrasound so we can see if it is a boy or a girl and then tell everyone the cute names we have picked out! And yes, that picture is our little peanut, not some random photo off the internet.

1 comment:

The Anderson's said...

You can do this! I totally get were you're coming from and things will get better I promise. My #3 isn't here yet but each day gives me more confidence that I can do this and I know you can to!!