Monday, February 28, 2011

Potty Training Day 3

I didn't plan on starting to potty train Kael, but he has been grabbing his underwear and insisting on wearing it and insisting on not wearing a diaper, so it has begun.
Overall, I don't know how this is suppose to go and have never done anything like this before, so I don't know if we are doing good or bad...
Rewards:
1 skittle for #1.
2 skittles for #2.
And a sticker for same thing until he fills his chart, which is about a week of going in the toilet, then he gets a toy car.

Day 1: About 5 accidents. 7 times in the toilet. No #2.
Day 2: About 4 accidents. 6 times in the toilet. No #2.
Day 3. 3 accidents. 7 times in the toilet. Still no #2.
I think we are making progress. Yesterday Kael went running to the toilet yelling "mom, mom potty!". Then, today once he yelled "mom, potty". Over and over. So, I think we are getting there. The rest of the time it is me asking him every 15 to 20 minutes if he needs to go. Today he would not let me put a diaper on him for nap time. So I just put the diaper over his underwear and let him sleep in that. To my complete shock, he woke up completely dry!!! We even played outside for about 45 minutes without an accident.
Not sure what to do about #2. He only goes once in the morning, so I'm just hoping to catch him before he goes, and get him to go just once, so that maybe he gets the idea on it.
Anyway. I think we are doing ok. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: