Monday, February 07, 2011

2 1/2 or 30 Months

Like Father Like Son...
A picture says a thousand words, and this one is screaming a million...
This is how good potty training is going. We aren't "officially" trying to potty train the kid yet. Just getting him used to the equipment, and such. Kael now offically goes #1 on the toilet every night before his bath. Then, he gets to run around in his big boy underwear until bedtime. We are going to keep this up for about a month and then I think we will go for it. He has been doing this routine for about 2 weeks straight. He gets a star if he goes potty and it goes on his door and he gets a treat. It used to be a fruit snack, but Janice told me about her skittle jar, and I LOVE it and so does Kael. I bought a big bag of skittles and put it in a peanut jar. Now whenever Kael decides to go he gets 1 skittle for #1, and 2 for #2. He now has quite the collection of stars on his door also.
I have to say that this has actually been a lot of fun. I have cleaned up some accidents, but so far not so bad. Kael is trying really hard. I think he would be ready if he never fell in the toilet. Anyway. He is super excited about it, and so am I. We are going to take it slow for now.

I can't believe I have a 2 1/2 year old. His little personality is just growing each day. Along with his kisses that he is now obsessed with he loves group hugs.
His favorite songs are #1 Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, #2 Popcorn Popping, and #3 Book of Mormon Stories. We have to sing all 3 every night before bed.
He LOVES cars now. He got a bunch of little cars and trucks for Christmas and they are a hit.
He LOVES Buzz Lightyear. However, we told Kael to go get his Buzz to play with because he was driving us crazy, he went into his bedroom and got his Buzz UNDERWEAR... He loves Underwear too.
He LOVES books. He can read "has memorized" a ton of words. My guess is about 30 when he is in the mood.
He can count to 10.
He can recognize most letters.
His favorite shape is a STAR. Then circles come in a close second.
He is repeating words now.
I think his favorite color is still red.
He loves to play Melmo "Elmo" on the computer.
He is putting 2 words together. His favorite phrase is "Where'd it go?".
He LOVES talking on the phone. He could talk to Grandma and Grandpa and cousins and Aunt's and Uncles and anyone who would listen to him all day long. He has his own little language and just loves to talk and talk.

Kael you amaze me everyday. You are learning so much so quickly and I'm so proud of you. You share your toys with everyone, just so they will be your friend. You are a true friend. You are so loving and kind. You teach me how to be a better person every day. Thanks for the gazillion kisses every night before bed. Thanks for the family hugs! Thanks for teaching your family what is important in this life. Love, laughter, friendship, and family.
WE LOVE YOU!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Best picture ever! Made my day. Kaylee says, "That's so silly." haha. I'm glad he is doing so well with the potty training, and that the skittle jar is working for you. :)