Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Eden at 6 months:

Half way to a year… I cannot believe my baby is 6 months. I was all gung ho to write the post about her on the day of, but life happens I guess. Is it possible that this girl can get any cuter, sweeter, and more loveable every single day?

Eden can officially sit up. This is just within the last week or so. She still wobbles though. She loves putting anything in her mouth especially toys, fingers (her thumb), her toes, Mom’s fingers, etc. She is also just scooting backwards now, and rolling over like crazy. She took a break for a while from rolling over, but now she never stays on her blanket for very long. She loves her walker and will spin the toy on it over and over. She smiles at Kael all the time and puts up with him sitting on her to hug her. They are pals already. He has even tried to kiss her cheek once, and I about died in the cuteness. She is still opinionated about smiling and who she likes, and you really have to win her over to get her to giggle, but when she does smile it is to die for because it is in her beautiful big eyes and lights up her whole face. She loves to coo and babble now. She even likes to swing just a little on the play ground, but the swings are still a little big for her.

She got her shots on Monday and they were nasty. I felt so bad for the girl. She handled it so well and smiled after, but then she got a fever of 102 and threw up in the middle of the night all over the front of me. Ya. Not fun. I felt so bad for her though that it wasn’t a big deal. She hadn’t reacted like this for her last 2 sets of shots, but she did get more this time including the flu shot.

As for stats, my doctors office doesn’t give me them, but just tells me so I have to go from memory! Argh…

Height: 25 inches
Weight: 15.3 lbs

I can’t remember anything else and they didn’t give me any percentages. Oh well. She is getting bigger and that is all that matters.

As for eating, I started Eden on rice cereal at about 5 months. It was about the time she started not sleeping so well at night. She is not a big fan of the food... She also has tried sweet potatos and apple sauce. Eden has not liked solid foods very much at all. At first she would gag a lot like she just didn't like the texture. So, I mixed the sweet potatos with the cereal and she seemed to like that for a couple days. Then, I tried apple sauce thinking she would love it, and she gagged the most on this. She does not like applesauce at all... This is so weird to me because even though it took Kael 2 months to get good at eating solids he LOVED all of the food he tried, with the exception of green beans. He always tried to eat his cereal, and loved it. I don't know what to do to get her to like solids better. She seems to like sweet potatos ok, so I guess I will stick with mixing the sweet potatos and the rice cereal for now. And no more applesauce. Yuck.

Have I mentioned yet that I LOVE her chunky thighs? I like to call them thunder thighs, and they are adorable! Her beautiful little thighs are a good place to end.

Just know Eden that Mom and Dad and Kael love you so very much! We are grateful you are in our family. You complete us and we love your sweet little personality!
Love you little lady bug!

We got pictures taken of both Kael and Eden and they will be posted soon.

No comments: