Sunday, September 12, 2010

#200

I can't believe I made it to 200 posts. I am really hoping to get this blog printed off one day, and now I can just imagine the amount it is going to cost with 200 posts... Maybe I should have started sooner?... Maybe I should ask Derek to print it out for my Christmas gift every Christmas? A lot of maybes...
It amazes me how quickly time goes by sometimes, and how it seems to stand still at others. I wonder how that works because in the end it really passes in the same amount of time. Off the subject.

It has been one of the longest months of my life. I knew becoming a medical student's wife that this was going to be tough. So, to mentally prepare I prepared for the worst. I mean come on that should only make life seem better if you are ready for the worst right?

Somehow that didn't quite happen.

Derek started medical school. My children get sick. I get tired. Derek gets tired. Derek studies all day long. Derek is gone all day long. Life seems long. Sleepless nights. Are we to 4th year yet? NO! Hmmm. Children still sick. Take kids to doctor. Still tired. More sleepless nights. Children finally getting over being sick. Take kids to doctor. Still tired. Derek still studies all the time. Derek is still gone all day long. Hmmm.

Somehow that first month seemed so long yet it is over so quickly. Oh and I'm still tired.

Kael was the first to get sick and it still hasn't completely gone away. Eden then got sick and hers turned into croop. That is yucky stuff let me tell you. This was the first time I have taken my kids to the doctor for being sick, that is how worried I was. Then, the kids have slowly been getting better. I took Kael to his 2 yr. check up. He needed shots. Not a big deal. He actually did pretty well. Then, a couple days later he has a reaction to one of the shots. There was a huge red rash the size of a half dollar, a hard lump, and it was warm. I wasn't too worried, and just wanted to know if I should put heat or cool on it. I called the doctor and of course they wanted to see him, and of course it turned out to not be a big deal.

Let's just say I'm done with the doctor for a while. Oh wait. Eden has her 6 month check in 2 weeks and they want to see Kael again in December. (Enter sarcasm here)

Kael's weight is low and they want to recheck that. Personally it is probably because he was sick for a month before he went in. They also want to check his speech. He is delayed there. I have known he is delayed and I'm not really worried.

I'm not trying to complain, well maybe a little, this is my blog, but I do know that I have been very blessed in this last month as well.

Blessings:
I have an amazing family who love me. Derek has been so supportive even with all the studying he is doing. Kael and Eden try to be happy when they are sick and are so sweet. My parents answer my frantic calls at midnight wondering if my child will live till morning. And my other random calls the last month of asking why this is so hard!? I have the best job working from home where my brother lets me take time off any time I need. All of my family who let me call anytime to just talk about surviving. Awesome neighbors who have been so supportive and willing to keep an eye on my kids or just watch Eden at a moments notice. I'm so glad we live where we do. We were so blessed to end up where we are. Heavenly Father knew this is where we need to be and I am so grateful for it.

To everyone who has helped me survive this last month THANK YOU!
Now to a gazillion more months like this and for being stronger for making it through this one.

Oh and a picture of Kael being cute.


PS: Stay tuned for Kael's 2 year photos and Eden's 6 month photos. They are going to be so cute! They should be posted in about 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I totally understand about Dr. visits. NO FUN. Do yo just feel like you live there? Hope your babes get better really soon so you can "rest." Like a Mom ever gets to just rest....... ;)

Jerris Heaton said...

Keep up the good work. Let us know if you ever need a break and we'll be happy to babysit. :) -JJ&E

The Anderson's said...

Hang in there with the whole med school part. I can't say it gets easier or better but you will find little things that help you along the way and that will make it durable to keep going each day!