Thursday, April 01, 2010

2 weeks

I think Derek did an awesome job updating this blog when we were at the hospital. So far in the last 30 minutes of me trying to update this blog I've had one child poop in the bath tub and the other scream like a (well there's no comparison, she is a screamer... ) Anyway, I'm hoping to use the blog to stay better updated on how fast my children grow. So beware this is long and about my kids, and here it goes.

Time sure flies when you're having fun. I can't believe our little girl is 2 weeks old today. She is so precious and you can't help, but love this little girl. She is so different from Kael, yet it is fun to see her do something that reminds me of Kael when he was so little.

So far Eden is such a good baby. I think when I get discouraged or think she is too fussy I'm mostly just tired and am having to chase an almost 20 month old around on top of having a newborn. I love every minute and can't imagine life without 2 kids now. She had her first bath today. I think she liked it. She wasn't screaming at me, so I imagine it wasn't too bad for her. I love her dark hair. It is so weird seeing Kael's blonde and then how dark her's is. I imagine in the next couple of months it will fall out a bit and she'll be pretty bald, but that's ok. She handles wearing cute little bows so far pretty well. I mostly have hats on her head at home to keep her head warm, but I love the bows.

It has been so much fun playing dress up. I love getting to pick out a new outfit every day. I'm terrible at cordinating colors and matching, but I figure I have a couple years to get better at it before it really matters.

Eden can't decide if she likes her binky or not yet. Sometimes she can't live without it and others it makes her just so mad. She gets the hiccups everyday just like Kael did. Usually she gets them about 5 times a day. I used to get them everyday until about high school and I imagine my poor children will be the same way.

Eden also is a screamer. She doesn't cry, oh no... She is either perfectly content or screaming/squealing. It is quite terrifying and makes you run to the room to make the aweful noise stop... It does make me laugh though because you wouldn't think that noise is possible from something so precious.

She eats about every 4 hours then is awake for an hour and then sleeps until it's time to eat again. I think Kael was about every 3 hours for the longest time, so this is awesome!

The other night she was doing her squeals in the middle of the night and she has a Moses Basket that Kael slept in until he was 4 months old and Derek reminded me to swing her basket like I did for Kael. I had completely forgotten that I used to swing Kael's basket for like 20 minutes to get him to fall asleep when he was tiny... It had completely left my memory. I can't imagine how though because my arms would get cramps from swinging it so faithfully every night and I wanted to cry to sleep cause my shoulders hurt so bad... It's weird how I forgot that. The old trick worked though and the little girl fell asleep. Unfortunately it was only for about an hour before she woke up. So far she doesn't like sleeping in her bed. She has been sleeping pretty good in her swing at night though and that's ok with me.

As for Kael, he is getting use to having a lump around to poke. He just can't help himself. I'm surprised he hasn't taken her binky and put it in his mouth. He always grabs it and just hands it to me. Mostly he just tries to pat her, but doesn't know how to be gentle yet, so Eden gets a good smack here and there. He is curious about her and bugged by her at the same time. He gets a little jealous when he walks in the room and I'm holding the baby, so he tries to sit on my lap, which is holding a baby, so thus the baby gets squished. He really is doing quite wonderful though and I'm so proud of him for being a good big brother. I can't imagine having to be an older sibling and put up with the younger one so to all 6 of my older siblings, thanks for putting up with me. ;)

I love my kids so much and time is going by too fast. I'm enjoying every moment and wish I was better at taking pictures to remember each moment forever. I NEVER want to forget any second with these kids. They are too amazing. I'm so grateful to be their mom and I love my little family so much.

No comments: