Thursday, April 15, 2010

The End of the Green Thing


I have purchased probably more than 15 of these in the last 20 months. They get lost easier than car keys... It's probably due to the way they bounce under the car at walmart or behind the couch, or just plain and simply because the little boy has gotten good at hiding them. However, he became attached and could not sleep without it.
Yesterday I did it. I finally decided that no matter how hard it is, it is time to say goodbye to the green thing. Now that I'm busy taking care of Eden during the night I figure it is time to have Kael sleep through the night without me needing to help him.
So, the green thing is officially gone. It has been over 24 hours since it was in his mouth. I hid them all last night and he went to bed. He cried for about 30 min and fell asleep. However not long after that he woke up and cried for over 2 hours straight. Finally, I went in and just sat next to his crib and rubbed his back until he fell asleep. It was so sad because he kept saying een een for bink and then decided to say mamamama which he hasn't said forever, and then he would reach out and say da da.
WOW that was hard. I kept thinking all this crying can end by giving in, but then I would think, if I give in then he cried for the last hour for nothing... So Derek and I stuck it out and he did it! The whole night without the green thing! He did cry out a couple more times through the night, but not for long, and fell asleep on his own.
He went right to sleep for his nap today and has done great all day without it.
Now, hopefully he won't try to borrow the little girl's PINK thing... So far so good.
Also, so frustrating, my big Easter video wouldn't load. Oh well. If anyone knows how to load a big video let me know because it is too big to email to my parents on their mission.

No comments: