Friday, November 01, 2019

April 2019 Part 1

 April seemed exciting. We officially could say that Dad was coming home "NEXT" month and that made us happy and excited. I was finally on the mend from my chronic sinus infection being on antibiotics for almost 3 weeks at this point.


 Eden started us off with a good April Fool's. She loved Derek's shinanegans last year, so she made a Mom's weekly chores and printed it off the computer. 
And she took a skin marker and drew all over Elara's face while she was asleep.
The girl thought she was SO funny.
Kael likes to keep us on our toes apparently, and if it wasn't him it  had to be somebody. He was playing on a tall and holy playground equipment at recess and chipped his front two teeth. Thankfully only one broke. He only had his braces off for 3 months before needing more work on his teeth. I think we both just cried. I didn't love getting that phone call from the school. I dropped everything and ran right over to get him into a dentist. Thankfully the dentist could work him in AND salvaged the tooth! Kael was brilliant. He said the chipped part stayed in his mouth so he just spit it out and kept it in his hand and the school nurse put it in a safe container. So when they fixed his tooth they just glued the original tooth on. Someday he will need a cap over that tooth, but for now I am SO grateful he still has his original beautiful smile I love so much.


It's exhausting going through something so traumatic.
But all fixed and he is as handsome as ever.

 We survived the lonely weekends I think because of all of our trips to visit Derek's family. On the first Sunday of the month it was really rainy and as we were driving we found out Jamie and Heidi were in an accident in Jamie's car on the freeway. We got so nervous, but they were ok, and we happened to drive right by their car as it was being towed.
Seeing family in Texas has definitely been the highlight of living in Texas the last 5 years. We love them so much and feel so loved by them.
Patrick and Kael
 Elara never gets tired of asking to hold the babies. We love our little nephews so much! We found out that you call your cousins babies your nieces and nephews so we are calling them ours!
Elara stole baby Lee on this occasion.

What did your spouse do for your anniversary? Oh they didn't ship you flowers from half away across the world?? Mine did because he loves me so very much!
I'm so lucky to have Derek, who knows me so well and that somehow surprising me with flowers was perfect. I'm pretty for certain I've gotten flowers every single anniversary. I should go back and check, but I'm pretty sure. It's a tradition I love and will never get old. He still somehow surprises me every time. They came a couple days early, but I'm so glad I got them!

When rain clouds come and ruin your chance for soccer games you take off up to visit family and their baby goats!

 Elara and baby Ender

Eden and the new twins Bean and Petra.

Connor really likes looking for his own clothes to wear lately.


 Activity Days just keeps plugging away. Eden really loves getting to meet with the other girls her age and doing the fun activities.

With how busy life is sometimes I forget to just slow down and enjoy it. We had some time so I took Connor to a new playground. It was so much fun and he loved just being able to run and play. It's hard being the fourth kid because I just drag him along where ever I go, whereas with the other kids I found opportunities for them to play. I'm trying harder to remember to give the kid some well deserved kid time to just play.




Connor's 4th birthday is fast approaching and with family birthday parties this year it means lots of preparation. He really wanted a spiderman party, so I got hard to work. I made little spider web bean bags for a bean bag toss, silly string and covered it with webs for web spray, gift bags for his friends, and his spiderman pinata! So many fun little things. His cake I think turned out the best.



 The big three kids are in a club called "We Serve Too" while Derek is deployed. It is the sweetest club and they spoil the kids rotten while their Dad is gone. They covered an all expense trip to build a bear for the kids and even were able to get Derek to voice record a message for them for their bears and ship it back. It was AMAZING. They were so excited for this field trip from school for about 2 months before it happened, and it did not disappoint at all. I'm so grateful to those who donated their time and money to help my kids along this journey.
 Connor's birthday cards started coming in and turning 4 is such a good year because he finally completely understands what is going on and has had so much anticipation up to this birthday. It is so fun seeing him so excited.

PRE EASTER CELEBRATIONS
Our ward had a fun Easter egg hunt and face painting with snow cones and treats. 
The kids had so much fun and went a little nuts with the face painting.

 I think it is becoming a theme for Elara to have her face completely drawn on.

We made a birthday cake for the April birthday's to do a smash cake. Ashley and Connor had birthdays.
We went up to Pinkston's to dye Easter eggs and to hold the twin baby goats finally.




 The kids did a great job dying the eggs. AND I think I didn't undercook the eggs this time.
We had a fun filled, busy day.
 Followed by...


No comments: