Sunday, August 27, 2017

March 2017 part 1

Derek worked in Dallas half way through February into March so the first week of March the kids and I drove up and visited with him. We met up with my friends from the Philippines Jerry and his wife Cynthia and their two daughter Kat and Terie. We had so much fun catching up and they were so generous and took us to the Perot Museum and had their girls watch our kids and took us to dinner. I hadn't seen them since I was 16 in the Philippines and it was so great to see where life has taken us. Jerry and Cynthia helped me so much over there and were like older siblings helping me out. Kat was only about 2 when I last saw her and she was 17 now! I can't believe it had been 15 years! It was fun introducing them to Derek and the kids. I'm so grateful for the lasting relationships I was able to create so long ago, and for such good people in my life.





Kael got his expander put in at the orthodontist office. It's a big metal bar on the roof of his mouth pushing his upper jaw out to make more room. I have a key to turn it several times a month.
He also learned out to cook raman noodles by himself and is very proud.
Odin got an eye infection of some sort and his eye got all glossy and gross and I had to take him to a vet. Thankfully they were awesome and got him on an antibiotic and his eye did much better, but he almost lived up to his name sake the one eyed God Odin.... Poor doggy. I felt so bad the whole time and gave him so much extra love this month!
Connor is officially obsessed with taking his diaper off...
Heidi Pinkston is the coolest person ever and came as reinforcements to help me get ready for Eden's big Monkey 7 year old birthday party. It was a LOT of work, but I think Eden had a great time.

The night before the party after we finished all the birthday prep with the cake and decorations Eden lost her tooth! It was pretty exciting.






 Dear silly, sweet, kind, fun Eden,
Happy 7th Birthday! You are such a joy! Thank you for adding so much happiness and fun times to our family. You are adventurous and your personality shines brighter and brighter each year. You are becoming such a unique, funny, kind, amazing young girl Eden. Mom and Dad are so proud of who you are. You are so clever. You come up with your own ideas and you go with it! You have become such an amazing writer and artist. You decided this Monkey theme birthday on your own and we went with it and it was so much fun. We played  monkey games. We had a monkey piƱata and you loved helping with your monkey cake. You were surrounded by so many friends. You are such a joy and radiate happiness and people want to be around you. You know what you want and you go after it. It is inspiring to watch, and I love seeing you grow each day. 

We love you pretty girl!
Love, 
Mom and Dad




No comments: