Sunday, December 06, 2015

End of school 2015

 The last week of school Kael had an awards ceremony for academic success. He did wonderful. He got good citizenship, math Olympics, and a good grades award. He worked really hard all year and became such a great reader and loved math. At the beginning of 1st grade his teacher Mrs. Brown showed me his reading level which was a little behind. He was reading short sentences. Then, she showed me where he would be reading by the end of the year. Small paragraphs per page... It was hard to believe, but success happened and Kael met that goal. I LOVE seeing my kids grow each year and the accomplishments they achieve. 
Eden learned how to count to 20, sound out all the letters, and memorized songs and nursery rhymes and has a love of learning. 
I'm so proud of these two kiddos learning accomplishments this year and their desire to keep learning.

Kind of a funny story, but my first grade teacher was Miss Velders. The end of the school year she moved to California and kept in touch with writing letters until I reached middle school. She ended up marrying a guy whose last name was Brown. So Kael and I both had first grade teachers with their married name as Brown. And both were awesome teachers!



The last days of pre k and 1st grade. They have grown so much over the last year. They looked out for each other and loved going to school.

No comments: