Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Snow Snow Our 3rd Winter in SLC, UT

We were finally home for a big snow storm and it was a BIG snow storm. I got the kids all bundled up and ready to go outside and Elara spit up EVERYWHERE. It soaked all 3 layers of clothes she had on. So, I unbundled her, changed her, and put her to bed. Thank goodness I didn't have to bring her out. She took a nap in the house instead of out in the cold snow.
 All three kids bundled and ready to go out. It took me 45 minutes to get all 3 kids and myself ready. It would have been less if I didn't have to change Elara and keep her inside, but that is life, plan for the unexpected and plan for your plans to change.
 Eden was super happy and excited when we first started out. I pulled both kids around on the big sled. There was just so much snow it kept piling up on them and they laughed and laughed. When we got to the hill to sled the snow was just too deep and too soft and the sled wouldn't go down the hill. It needed a couple days to solidify first, which now a week later it would probably work great. Hmmm idea for an activity tomorrow while Derek sleeps....

 Kael is my snow lover. He played the longest. Eden lasted until we got to the snow hill and then she was done. Kael wanted to keep playing so I sent Eden in the apartment and I played with Kael. We went down slides and dug in the snow and then all of a sudden he was just dieing ready to go inside. He was super happy and then hysterical crying of how cold he was. It was comical. His cheeks were purple though so it was time. It was still snowing while we were out there. I always forget how much fun it is to play with the kids in the snow. I never forget how much work it is though.

Hiking to the hill there were parts that were so deep that Kael sunk to his hips! He was such a trooper and plowed through it though. He is amazing!

And Eden is ready to go inside. 
We LOVE Salt Lake City and our four seasons.

No comments: