Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Kids

Kael has a certain phrase he is loving saying lately. Tonight I was cutting up an apple for the kids and a seed fell out. I gave it to Kael and asked him if we planted this seed do you know what would grow? He responded, "A tree". That's my smart little boy. Then, I said, Yes, but what kind of tree? To which he said, "a red one", hmmmmm. No an apple tree kid. So, I tell him no silly, an apple tree and looks up at me and said "THE PHRASE: Whaaaaaaat?! That's soooo CRAZY!". Yup, that's my kid. He says that all the time. Then, tonight Eden was eating dinner and yelled, I gotta go poop! So, she ran to the bathroom and then yelled, Mom I pooped. Which means come wipe my bum please... I get in there and I see Eden sitting on the toilet with her pants down and a HUGE log standing upward right next to the toilet. Me gasp. "Eden, what happened?" Eden: "My poop just fell out Mom!" Why yes, yes it did. I cleaned it up and she then proceeded to poop some more. Thankfully on the toilet. Speaking of toilets. Last night the girl insisted on NOT wearing a diaper to bed. I gave in and finally let her try. Low and behold she stayed dry all night long and then peed on the toilet in the morning. I think the only reason she pees her diapers at night is because she can't get it off. Needless to say, it made me one proud Mama today. Little Miss Elara caught Kael's bug. I'm pretty sure it's probably RSV. She has the saddest cough and is super congested, but looks up at me with the biggest cutest smile and still tries to be happy. I couldn't have asked for a better baby. It makes my heart break seeing her so sick. She really is happy through it all though. Derek is on his pediatrics rotation. He is starting Q4 which means on call all day then night long every 4th night averaging a 30 hour shift. Tonight is his first call night. I braved the store with 3 sick kids because we haven't been since they got sick. Needed the essentials and I promised the kids Orange Juice. Well we go shopping and are having a great time, get through the check out and of course when I look in my wallet the food stamps card is missing. UGH. Derek must have it in his wallet from shopping for me twice in one day about a week ago the last time we braved shopping. I almost cried right there. I thought/hoped it might be at home, so I drove home and searched to no avail. With Derek on call I can't call him to find out if he does indeed have the card. So, I drive back to the store and just buy eggs and the orange juice and leave the rest of it at the store... Tears were shed. By this time Elara started coughing and crying and the kids were upset, so we went to the bank to make a deposit and of course got suckers and life was better. For the kids. I didn't get a sucker. Or my spinach I wanted to saute tonight. Oh well. That's it tonight.

No comments: