Thursday, May 17, 2012

What We Did Today

Today...
Derek had an allergic type of reaction in his eye where histamine was released and caused a blister to cover his eye and make it look like part of his eyeball was peeling off. Derek, calmly went to the emergency room by himself, I freak out. He then asked someone where to go and found out he could go to the Moran Eye Center just down the road and walked down there and saw the eye doctor instead of going to the emergency room. He's a stud. I'm a wimp and balled like a baby freaking out while he was gone. They gave him steroid eye drops and it should be better in a couple of days.

Part of my freaking out was also because the cake I had been making all morning for a baby shower tomorrow totally fell apart. I blew it. I worked so hard to perfect my cake making skills and I somehow thought in my head that wax paper would work ok instead of parchment paper if I put a bunch of crisco on it. Nope. Nope. Nope. It does not work. Somehow I managed to salvage the cake somewhat, but it sure is interesting looking.

Kael found a ginormous bumble bee in our stairwell dying this morning. He insisted that I catch it and put it in a container for him. Where is Derek when I need him?! Oh ya, studying like a mad man of course. So, what do I do? I get all the courage I can and scoop that dying bug into that container and put it on the window sill for the kids to stare out all morning long and I insisted it not come into the house until Derek was home. Yes, yes I did. When I put Kael to bed tonight it was quite late, and I insisted that it was too late to read stories unfortunately. Kael then requested that we sing the wheels on the bus. Derek made up a version in the car the other day about different animals on the bus. He LOVED it and remembered it. We sang through the song and he wanted another. He then proceeded to tell me to listen Mom and made up his own song. Lots of mumbling, but mostly about his train on a bus and his bee that he caught and being superman... It was the cutest thing I have ever heard. He sand as loud as he could and Derek said he could hear him in the other room. Our last song was twinkle twinkle little star and in the middle he insisted I stop singing and listen to him again. He sang the entire song as loud as he can. When I would clap or give him praise he'd get that amazing little grin on his face and then slowly ever so slowly it would turn into the world's cutest smile! The kid amazes me and I'm so in love with him! Oh, and I let him sleep with his dead bumble bee. It's dead now so it can't be that bad right?

Eden decided yesterday to just pee wherever she felt like it whenever she felt like it. Today however she tried so hard to only go on her potty or in her diaper! It was night and day. She still pooped her underwear this morning, but that was it. This evening she decided to take off her night time diaper and sit on her potty to try and go. She went pee and then later proceeded to put the potty seat on the big potty and tried going by herself. I helped her out and then walked out and all of a sudden I hear, "I pooped Mom, I did it!" She just has to decide to do something for herself before she does it! She was so proud of herself and loved how happy she made everyone. Kael was again her biggest cheer leader and gave her a high five. He always tells her, "Good job Eden" in the cutest little way.

My family is amazing! Love them all so so much! It's been a crazy day, but so much good too.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So cute! I hope Derek's eye gets better. I love the story about the bee.