Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Spoiled? Why yes. Yes, I am!

It started Saturday. Derek was gone to the school studying all day as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary. He had to run some errands. He went to AT&T to ask about international phones so we can possibly use a phone while we are in Europe and he had a research meeting to get on another research project. Basically he was gone. Like I said, not unusual other than he had the car. By the end of the day the kids and I were playing outside. Derek came home and played with us for a while then said he needed to go inside and do something (I can't remember what) and he ended up going to the car with Kael and Kael came running to me across the courtyard yelling "Happy Mother's Day Mom!", and was carrying these pretty flowers! It was the cutest moment I've probably ever had. His little face was grinning from ear to ear. Derek said when they were at the car that Kael got the biggest grin on his face and just started giggling when Derek told him what to say and do. He got sooo excited to give Mom a present!
It got better. Derek brought home our favorite dinner. Czech food! Then he asked if I wanted my present tonight or tomorrow. Of course it was TONIGHT! I can't wait for surprises. So we got the kids to bed and he gave me my present. My favorite candy for a movie, we watched Thor in 3D, have I mentioned we can watch 3D movies at home?, then he wrote me the sweetest love note ever and I pretty much bawled through the whole thing, and he got me my favorite perfume which since we are medical students I have been without since we started medical school 2 years ago... I had asked for it and he sure did deliver!
It was such a wonderful day all day long, but it got better because Mother's Day was the next day.

Kael came into our room at 3 am and said that he was scared and needed to sleep with Mom and Dad. I have a hard time denying that boy because he is "the best cuddler ever!" quite literally. He sleeps in one position and doesn't move once he's asleep and he snuggles right up next to you. Derek even said he was a little jealous because he wanted Kael to snuggle him. Then at about 6 am Eden started crying and I went to get her, so I just threw her in bed with us too. She laid on my chest until about 7 and Kael snuggled up next to me. This was the BEST! I love my 2 little kiddos that made me a Mom. I felt extremely blessed as I laid next to my 2 1/2 beautiful children (#3 was in my tummy too so that counts right?)
Then when the munchkins started getting up Derek got up with them and cuddled them on the couch with a show. I couldn't miss out on that so I got up pretty early with them. He had whispered to the kids to tell me Happy Mother's Day and somehow they remembered and came up and both told me "Happy Mother's Day!" Derek then went on to make me breakfast! He is such a sweet guy! I love that he doesn't study on Sundays and dedicates the day to his family and church! This Sunday was particularly crazy for us because I have the sharing time lesson and Derek was asked to speak in sacrament meeting and had the Elder's Quorum lesson. Derek helped with everything that morning and got all the touches done for his stuff. I am sooo loved. Church was good and Kael was on his BEST behavior! Dad promised him a shiny gold coin if he was good. ($1.00 coin) Kael loved this and it worked! During primary I had the kids decorate a picture frame with stickers for their Mom's. Kael got to do his first Mother's Day craft! It was the cutest and he was so excited to make something for Mom! Eden got to color a picture for Mom. It was so wonderful to see them so happy doing something for me. :) Then, when we got home we got to take a nap and Derek had made me another favorite meal, (Hawaiian food, kuala pork and macroni noodles). We got to play outside with the kids and eat delicious food and we watched "The Muppets" with the kids during dinner. It was an amazing day! The kids have grown so much in the last year. Last year Kael was just learning to speak short sentences and Eden was just learning to walk. This year they both told me "Happy Mother's Day" and made me something! Amazing what a year can do! I feel so blessed, happy, in love, loved, and just grateful for this little family of mine!
Thank you for an AMAZING Mother's Day Derek, Kael and Eden! I love you all with all of my heart!

No comments: