Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baby Elara


Here is baby girl's first profile photo! The tech had a really hard time getting a good profile picture. Her head was right in my pubic bone and she kept turning away.

Girl names have been so much harder for us than boy names! We keep changing our minds on what we want, but I think we have a winner! Derek came up with this princess's name all on his own and I'm in love with it and with the fact that her Daddy named her. We have 2 boy names that we love picked out, but no need now. :)

As for deciding if this baby was a boy or a girl I've had NO idea. I haven't been able to get a set feeling either way. I have been leaning more towards a boy just to throw off the groove a little. It would have even things out on the Heaton side with Elara being #18 grandbaby. There would have been 9 boys and 9 girls, but now it will be 10 girls and 8 boys! Yay for girls finally out numbering the boys!!! Then, on Derek's family I thought we would throw off the groove. By the 3rd baby there was always 2 girls and 1 boy, so I thought for certain we'd have 2 boys and 1 girl. I mean Kael did break the trend by having a boy first...
So, my mind would not be made up. I could not picture whether this baby was a boy or a girl. From the moment we knew we were having a baby Derek has told me this is going to be a girl. No question about it. I have been asking the kids what they think and Eden has been super cute and has always said it is her baby sister. I ask if she wants a baby brother and she says NO, Kael is my brother. Then finally last night after much back and forth if it was a boy or girl I asked Kael and Eden together if the baby in Mommy's tummy was blue or pink and they both shouted at the same moment PINK! It was too cute.

Last night I had a dream that the baby was a boy and then I had to explain to Kael and Eden that it was a girl and it was a nightmare! I'm glad that dream didn't come true. :)

I feel so many emotions right now and this day has been so wonderful! I feel so blessed that this baby looks healthy on the ultrasound and that she is finally kicking me and showing me who's boss! Seeing her cute face and knowing she was a girl made this so real and so perfect. I am so filled with joy and am just in cloud 9!

I am so excited for October to get here so that I can hold her and start loving on her! It can take it's time getting here, but I am excited!

As for other news the ultrasound showed that the placenta is covering my cervix, so I will need another ultrasound around 30 weeks. I'm not really concerned because Kael's was doing the same thing and it moved before delivery. I feel like it just means I get another chance to peek at baby girl before she gets here. If not, bring on the C-section.

2 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her name. Good job Derek. And congratulations!!! So excited for another little niece to love on.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful name! I love it. So excited for Eden to have a little sitter!