Thursday, January 19, 2012

Resolve Yourself

So this post is a little late in coming as it is the middle of January, but I've been thinking a lot about this topic and I just want to write down my thoughts. So many people either love or hate making resolutions each year. I like goals/resolutions, but I don't really care what people do or think. Here is what I have done though.

I have resolved to do better for myself.

I love and hate the month of January. It is such a horrible month. Really it is. I mean, all the festivities are over. The glamour of what life should be is gone. Here in Salt Lake it is snowy, wet, or cold. It is depressing. And mostly I just think January needs a pick-me-up.

It isn't completely horrible. I mean there are lots of birthdays to look forward to. But, what January is to me is a time to improve your mindset. Just because you don't complete your goals doesn't mean you shouldn't have them. It is a time to reevaluate what your priorities are. Where are you at. How are you doing? I love having a time in the year to do this very thing. This is what I love about January.

GOALS!

I don't usually physically sit down and write my goals out. I think writing them down is not a bad idea though. That way the next year you just reevaluate. See what worked, what didn't work, and mostly how to make the next year better. Who doesn't want to improve their life?! Life is about changes and improvement and making each day better.

So for me, I NEED January. I need time to think what can I be doing better? What needs work? What did I do RIGHT?!

So, thank you January. Even though I don't really like you, I do love you for the time to start fresh and kick off a new year of being resolved in my life.

2011
Turned 26
Potty trained Kael
Took care of 2 kids and a husband another year
Visited Shell in Ohio
Visited a new state
Derek started his military training (I became a military wife)
Learned how to live as a military wife for a short while
Derek started his 2nd year of medical school
I became a 2nd year medical student wife
Made new friends
Said goodbye to old friends
Visited family
Had a huge Heaton family reunion
crocheted
sewed
learned to hem pants
exercised
started eating healthy
2012
Turn 27
Get pregnant
Potty train Eden
Exercise in a routine schedule and enjoy it
Eat healthy (Primal)
Have a natural labor (Might happen in 2013, but I can dream right?)
Read my scriptures daily
Pray daily
Read fun books
See all the crazy awesome movies coming out in the summer and enjoy it
Strengthen my relationship with my kids and hubster
Deep clean my apartment at least once
Learn a new talent
Play my cello again
laugh A LOT
enjoy being where I'm at
Go to DISNEYLAND
Get a new cell phone
Love on my family some more
Be more grateful

No comments: