Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Some Rambling Thoughts

I've been telling myself that I will start potty training Eden when she can poop in the toilet. The girl has been obsessed with the potty, and so I've caved and let her go a couple times, and she can which is awesome. Kael had no idea what the potty was at this age. Eden is 21 months, closer to 22. I'm just stunned, baffled, out of this world by this girl. Yesterday she wanted to show Derek that she could pee in her potty so she did. She came out with her potty to the living room and sat down next to Derek and sat there until she did her business. I was shocked. She was so determined to do this and she did. Then, tonight she went twice and before her bath she was determined to poop and guess what, after about 15 minutes she did! I can't use the excuse that she doesn't know how to poop on the toilet to not potty train her. So what do I do? Buy the girl more underwear and go for it, or just hope it fades for a while?

She got to go on a play date today. It was awesome. She doesn't get the whole sharing thing yet, but it is a work in progress.

I love my little family so much. Words can't even describe it. I mean I'm writing about my little girl sitting on a potty for crying out loud and feel like shouting for joy at this progress. I'm so excited for every single day. I'm excited for the little things. I'm excited for the big things. Some days it feels like Christmas from all the excitement they give me. Today Kael really wanted to call his Grandma on the phone. In the middle of the conversation he had to tell her about his train that Santa gave him for Christmas. He is still happy about Christmas and Santa. I love seeing his face light up. Then, he told Grandma that he wanted to come play with Grandpa and the toys.
And yesterday he was playing a game on the computer that had ice skating on it and he remembered ice skating with Grammy and said he wanted to go ice skating again with Grammy and mom and dad. It was so sweet.

So as I write my random thoughts, I just feel so blessed and so happy that I wanted to write about it.

Tomorrow maybe I'll write about missing Derek while he is in the same room as me. It's weird, but that is the life of having my husband in medical school. :) Till tomorrow.

1 comment:

Emily said...

POTTY TRAIN HER!!! I have heard from so many people that there is only ONCE your child will be ready and if you don't do it, they wont do it for you. Jackson has been wanting to pee in the potty lately too. It is depressing though. He is my baby!