Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quarter of a Century

I'm 25 now.
My birthday this year was so much fun. I didn't really plan on anything since we are getting ready to move and I have a little baby now. Derek decided that just wasn't good enough and I got spoiled once again.

I'm so grateful for Derek. He takes such good care of me and the kids. We couldn't be more blessed and are so grateful he is our provider, dad, and husband.

He took care of the kids in the morning and let me get a little extra sleep. Even Eden got in on this present for me. She slept for 6 hours straight! She got up at 1 and 7 am! She must have known it was my birthday.

Then, Derek made me pancakes for breakfast. So yummy. I still needed to work since I have taken so much time off for traveling, but I was going to take Kael swimming with my sister-in-law Jill, and didn't have time to finish, so Derek even worked for me! Spoiled. Yes. I know. Thanks to my brothers who let him do this for me too.

Swimming wore Kael out so he took a good nap, which meant that I got a nap too. I love any extra sleep I can get. Derek told me that his transcripst got all messed up and he needed to go to the college to get it worked out for medical school. I was kind of bummed about that, but I figured it was better to get it taken care of now rather than later. So off Derek went.

I learned that my husband can be a really good liar. REALLY he was buying me Olive Garden for dinner and getting me an ice cream cake.

I was so surprised. It was so yummy and I didn't even have to leave the house! Really, what person out there doesn't like to be surprised. It was so much fun.

Derek was on the phone after dinner and my sister-in-law Becca came over, and we were planning on getting together sometime that week, but didn't know when so when she came over I was a little surprised, but happy that we could visit. Derek got off the phone and surprised me again. She wasn't there to visit with us at all... Derek asked her to baby-sit the kids while we went on a date!

Suprise again! Totally LOVE my husband. We were able to go see Shrek in 3D which was so fun. We ended up visiting with Becca until 1 in the morning. Good thing I got all that extra sleep the night before. :)

Overall, my birthday was amazing. I love my family so much and am so grateful they love me!
Thanks for a super fun birthday Derek.

2 comments:

Nate and Sum said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a great day. You deserve it.

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Derek is awesome! So happy your day was so fun!