Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June Kids

Eden at 3 months exactly.
"The Serious Face" She is so stinking opinionated. She has only just barely started smiling and giggling for us. The other night I got her giggling so hard you couldn't help but laugh with her. We went to grab the camera and she decided she was done. She usually has a VERY serious face, but when you can get her to smile, it makes all the hard work worth it! Love my precious baby girl. Kael has been smiling so much for the camera lately. He usually tries to grab it and look at the picture, which he still does, however he wants his picture taken first before he grabs the camera. He is so funny posing for the camera all the time.

I think it is hilarious that the flower is bigger than her head practically.


I caught a grin on camera! I was so lucky to get this, and it is blurry. It is the huge open mouth grin like Kael would do when he was little. I couldn't get her real smile though, but I'll take what I can get.


In other news, packing has been going well. The count down is on... Two more days of packing and then we will leave first thing on Saturday morning. Poor Kael doesn't understand what is going on. He will cry whenever we take down something off the wall, or start putting stuff in boxes. I know he will have fun with another big trip and a new house and the playground right outside our door, but it is sad having to get to that point.

I am getting nervous/excited. I am trying to think of this as a big adventure, which of course it is. I mainly am trying to not think about how much Derek will have to study and be gone. Or, how I don't have a dryer anymore, or how I won't have a dishwasher, or closet space, or a garage... When I forget about that stuff, which really isn't that important it seems really exciting. I am sad to be leaving St. George. Southern Utah is where both Derek and I call home in a sense. We now will be calling home where our family is, and that is most important to us. We will be moving a lot throughout our lives, and it will be a great adventure. I'm grateful to be reminded about what is most important to me, my family.

We are thinking about switching to cloth diapers in August. I'm trying to get some research done to see how to best go about it. Any advice would be helpful. Poor Derek has such a strong sense of smell, that is my biggest concern.

And, last on updates we have officially decided for Derek to go for the AIRFORCE SCHOLARSHIP. He will have TONS of paperwork to fill out, letters of recommendations, interviews, physical stuff, etc. Basically it will be like applying for medical school again. He will be working on the application the whole month of July probably. It is very competetive right now with the way the economy is. We feel like this is the route we are suppose to go. We have prayed a lot about this and have got as much information as we can from people who have been in the military. This was a tough decision for us, but yet again, another exciting adventure in our future.

So, this will probably be the last post before we are official residents of Salt Lake City, Utah. To any who live St. George, a sad fairwell. To those up north, see you soon!

3 comments:

Jerris Heaton said...

I love her dress!! So cute! Kael looks a lot like Derrik in that pic.

Cannon said...

Welcome to the land up north! St. George will always be home for me but you guys are going to like northern Utah as well. Summers here are bomb.

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I agree with Jill. I saw that picture and thought, "WOW a min Derek!" I LOVED extra big flowers on Kaylee as a baby. And I think Eden totally rocks the big hair flower! so stinking cute!