Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 2020 Part 1 BEFORE THE PACKERS

It's official! Moving month is upon us. I have spent hours pouring over maps and making decisions of where to stay and how to get to Alaska. I have booked all the hotel rooms. And the deep cleaning, and purging has begun.
We have begun saying goodbye to our MANY friends moving away from Texas.
 Eden's friends Maggie, on the left and Maren on the right.
Because of covid-19 we have had to say our goodbyes outside.
 Another magnificient creation that came out of Derek's smoker.
A TURKEY!
We know how we are celebrating Thanksgiving this year. Smoked turkey for the win!
Kael has lost a crazy amount of teeth over the last couple of months and they are taking their sweet time growing back in. He has a total of 9 missing in his mouth. How he eats I am not sure. Two gone on the top right, 3 now on the top left, and two on each side of the bottom.
Connor wanted to spend his money on a hatchibaby. This was so much fun. He was short some money, and so Kael helped pitch in and helped to buy it for him. I can't believe how thoughtful the kids are with each other. I'm so proud of them and so honored to see how giving they are.
 The 3 littles with their babies.
 He totally loved it. He got a girl baby. Elara has two boys and Eden has a girl. He totally doesn't care that it is pink and a girl. He is just excited to have his baby!
 On our last trip to see the Pinkston's they all gave each kid a pillow case and wrote kind words on them specific to each kid. It was incredibly thoughtful and kind. The kids cherish them already and are going to have their Heaton cousins write on them also.
We all were able to go to the 5 mile dam and canoe and kayak and it was so much fun!







I definitely think we need to invest in kayaks in Alaska!
It was SO SO SO hard saying goodbye after having such a fun day with the Pinkston's. Many tears were shed, but I think Connor's face at the end as everyone waved "see you later" shows that we are on an adventure and our family loves us and will always be there for us no matter what.
I got busy and made some more masks for the trip. I just want to have plenty for when we go to eat and the kids will all have some protection from the coronovirus.
We will probably make some more at Grandma's.

 I turned 35 this year. It seems ancient sometimes. Derek always finds a way to spoil me. This year I made chocolate cake and used some left over berry filling from Connor's cake, and through some raspberries on top. It was so rich and delicious.
Speaking of delicious foods...
Jalepeno poppers are delicious. I finally tried to make them, and I think I will master them by my next chance I get!
 Packing has officially begun. The pile has grown larger and larger with what NOT to pack... It's all going in the van... Not sure how it will even fit, BUT we shall see.
 Elara wrote a song for the piano. I love how creative and inventive she is. Whatever she puts her mind to, she just goes for it and I love it.
 With the move we had an estimate done and it seemed like we were at 18,000 pounds. We are only allotted 14,000 pounds with Derek as a Captain. He made Major in May, but the transportation office refused to find out how to get his orders amended, so we need to drop a LOT of weight, or it will cost about $1 per pound over. Thankfully after a lot of phone calls transportation in Alaska said they will reimburse for a Major's weight allowance. So, as long as we are not over 18,000 pounds we should get reimbursed and not have to pay for the move.
All that craziness though we shed a lot of weight.
One of the things was to sell Connor's bed frame. It was just way too heavy. Fortunately the people who wanted it wanted to get rid of their lighter frame so we just swapped! I love how in life when you have unknowns Heavenly Father blesses you with a little drop of happiness.
 The crated the lizard tank and the mirrors in the gym...
Moving to Alaska is a lot bigger move than any of our previous moves.
 AND the packing has officially begun. Today June 24th, the packers are officially here and packing, and as soon as this is posted I will be taking apart the computer. The next time I blog I will be in ALASKA!!!

I'm so grateful I read the books Saints 1, and Saints 2. I feel like seeing what the saints of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints had to go through is just a glimpse of how hard life really could be. They were very capable. It didn't make it easy, but seeing their lives reminds me that my life struggles aren't that bad. In fact I have it quite easy. A move to Alaska is an adventure, but I get to do it with my family; the people I love most on the earth, and I am so grateful!

SO ONWARD TO ALASKA THE LAST FRONTIER!

No comments: