Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Soccer Mom

To start off September I became an official soccer Mom. One of Kael's wishes for his birthday was to be able to play soccer. So, one of his presents included cleats, shin guards and soccer shorts. He was super excited that it meant he got to play and best of all his friend Ryan Linck who lives down the road and is in the same class at school is on his team. Ryan's Mom Sarah is coaching the team and it works out perfect. It has made our Tuesday nights a little crazy now that Eden and Elara are in gymnastics and then there is soccer and cub scouts for Kael. AND the kids will have a deployment club once a month on a Tuesday as well. I'm still trying to keep up and if Derek wasn't home I'm not sure how I'd make it all work. I'm going to have to figure it out soon. For now though we are REALLY enjoying this new phase of life. We've had so much rain in September that we've had some canceled practices and games. But, it is so much fun watching Kael play. I'm so proud of him and how hard he is working to improve and be the best player he can be. The first day he went from saying this is impossible, to we ran so hard Mom, and keeping up with his friends. It really shows how much our attitude can influence our actions. And Kael is doing amazing. Now I just need some cool vinyl soccer Mom logo on my van.



No comments: