Tuesday, January 06, 2015

December leading to Christmas

 Kael had a Christmas concert on December 1st. He wasn't a big fan of the songs the 1st graders had to sing, so he never sang the songs for me at home. He had missed the whole week before Thanksgiving and then there was no school, so he was home from school for 2 weeks before this concert. He did sing while up there, but mostly refused to do the hand motions and stuck his hands in his pockets. He is on the second row second from the right with the brown sweater on. Yes, he is standing next to the kid grabbing himself. I'm just glad Kael's hands were in his pockets. In his defense the songs were lame... I didn't know 2 of the 3 they sang and they made them sing the Frozen Let it Go song. He doesn't care for that song much, but the girls sure had fun on stage.

 Kael and Odin
 I took a trip to the zoo with my friend Lisa and we went to this cute little play area, and Elara was so cute I had to take her picture on this sweet bench. I have stopped taking photos of my kids as much and have really tried to enjoy the moments we are together.
 Eden's letter to Santa.
Dear Santa,
Camera. REAL. Music box
Love, Eden
(She wanted a REAL camera and if she couldn't have that she would settle for a music box.)
 Elara didn't really was sweet and had no idea what was going on so I helped write her letter.
I thought I took a picture of Kael's letter, but it got lost somehow. It makes me quite sad because he worked so hard on it. He asked for a real baby bearded dragon (lizard).
 It wouldn't be Christmas time without some decorating. The kids frosted sugar cones and made christmas trees. We had a village of them because they loved it so much. Fun Saturday morning activity in jammies.
 Church interupts our nap time, and the kids were especially naughty this Sunday that Derek was working and I was flying solo. I took a picture in the drive way to show how zonked all of them were. 5 minutes later all 3 were up bouncing around the house again and "I" didn't get my nap.
 Derek is home! This was taken on December 21st our Christmas Eve this year! We made a poo poo platter aka veggie tray. We hung out all day and did fun things with Dad, and then got ready to celebrate.

No comments: