Saturday, October 05, 2013

Elara's birthday party

Elara turned 1 on September 25th. We celebrated it on Saturday the 28th. We have a tradition of streamers and balloons now and it is going to stick I think. We picked a favorite thing for her and decided to go to The is the Place park. She loved the pony ride! She got to open presents and eat her own cake. I made a strawberry cake with buttercream frosting. She got chicken nuggets and french fries for her birthday lunch. The little girl loved her day and we are so glad that she has been with us for the last year. Mostly though I'm glad I kept her alive that long... :) It was so much fun and we are so glad to have Elara in our family!

 I tried putting fresh strawberries in the frosting and it almost worked, but then I added too many, so we had extra cake for the other kids. Never too much cake.








The picnic.





























No comments: