Thursday, March 15, 2012

Disneyland Day 3

Day 3 was all about the kids. We had done almost every ride we wanted to in the previous 2 days, so we decided to just take it easy and hit whatever the kids wanted to hit again. We got there early and we did a lot of waiting. Actually we did a lot of waiting this trip. These pictures basically show how bored we were getting of waiting and so we started getting really silly.
 Derek and Kael waiting for the park to officially open.

 Eden waiting.
 More waiting.
 Hold me, I'm bored waiting.
 Dad, be silly with me because I'm tired of waiting.
 The silly faces come out. Still waiting.
 How about this face Kael? Do you think this one is silly?
 Perhaps I should clarify. Derek set his camera so Kael could see the picture they were taking. Derek would make the silly face and Kael would just die laughing. It was a good way to keep the kids busy while we were still waiting. :)
 Last one I promise. Derek is such an amazing Dad. He was such a trooper on the long trip with the kids and entertained them the entire time and held them and just did everything to keep them happy. This trip was amazing because of him. The kids sure love their Dad and I'm so grateful for him too!
 Dumbo again? Yup! I think Dumbo is my favorite ride!
 Me and Eden on Dumbo.
 I braved the tea cups. I couldn't pass up doing it with the kids. Derek would spin them and I'd be yelling STOP and the kids were laughing so hard and trying to make it spin more. This might have been Eden's favorite ride. On the rides she liked she would start staying, "Weeeeeeeee" really quiet and cute. 

 Gotta love Small World. It is a classic. The kids love it. Eden and Kael were both trying to dance in the boat.
 More silly faces. I have no idea what we were waiting on this time...
 Kael's silly faces.

 We were walking up right as these awesome storm troopers were coming out for photos and there was no line. Of course Derek and I were all for it and ran with the kids to get a picture. We were so excited! The kids thought we were crazy and you can tell by their facial expressions on the picture. I'm certain they are just thinking, "What the heck Mom and Dad. Who are these weird robot guys!? For real! And why do we have to get our picture with them? Where's Mickey Mouse?!"
 Eden loved the space ships about 50% of the time. I finally figured out that when the controls would wig out and go up and down she hated it. Whenever she didn't like something she'd start saying, "Wanna go home, wanna go home." It was the cutest saddest little saying. I'm certain she said it on Pirates and a few other rides. However, if I let the ship just go up and stay up where she could see everything the girl was soooo happy and would do her "Weeeeeee" at me. It was so fun seeing what the kids liked and didn't like and just seeing their cute faces take everything in.
It was so sad leaving that afternoon. We were going to stay until the parade, but it ended up not being until 7 that night so we decided we had hit everything the kids loved and there was no reason to kill ourselves. We headed to the hotel around 4 and called it a night. I loved having a 3rd day to just do what the kids wanted. No rush. No panicking to do a ride that we hadn't done yet. It was just come and hang out and have fun. What a day! If only the chinese food we ordered had turned out to have any flavor the day would have been quite perfect. :)

No comments: