Monday, September 26, 2011

Block Party Year 2

 I decided to brave the block party for the student housing again this year. I went with my good friend Raquel who is battling as a second year medical school wife as well. We both have 2 kids and it is a battle. But, we ventured out and I think the kids had a great time, which meant that I had a great time. The best part... Everything was FREE! Gotta love it. 
 Kael played a few games. He totally made it all 3 times tossing the bean bag through the holes. "Don't judge how close he was to it, the kid is 3..." :)
They won lots of prizes and ate lots of candy and popcorn.
 Who doesn't love free balloons?! We sure do even if it means getting past this scary guy to get one...
 Kael got a dog and Eden got a Thing A MaBobber. It was actually awesome. There was a small ball in the clear balloon that would roll around. It unfortunately popped before we got home.
 They got rockets and launched them super high in the air. Kael was in heaven he loved that. I let him do Eden's too. He also got a wooden helicopter to put together from Home Depot. He put it together with Derek on Sunday and he LOVES it. Have I mentioned that I love FREE stuff?!
 Eden was a trooper, but just couldn't keep her eyes open by the end. Kael's face is classic Kael. He could have gone all day. We got wrist bands to do bounce houses with slides, but it was past nap time by the time we did all the normal stuff and we still had to walk home. They also got free pizza and juice for lunch. 
 The walk home. I love seeing him loving that snow cone. They had cotton candy, but in the past he hated it. Glad he liked the snow cone.
 The kids on the walk home after me and Raquel conquered the ginormous mountain right behind the kids. We needed a break after pushing a stroller up that thing! That hill gets me every time and before I move I will conquer it or just curse at it... 
 Watch Kael.
Fried Pickle Sandwich!!!! The kid dropped his snow cone. 
"Oh, but don't worry Mom I can just pick it up by myself and put it back together." Silly kid.

The End.

No comments: