Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Elder and Sister Heaton

On Saturday we had a going away party for my parents. They are going to the Oakland and San Francisco California Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They will be gone for 2 years. All of your children love you both and are so proud of you!
On Sunday they spoke in church in Mocassin, AZ. Both gave excellent talks and then after church they were set apart as missionaries.
They left on Monday for the Missionary Training Center in Provo. My Uncle Mark through a going away breakfast for them and a lot of my dad's family were able to make it. Thanks for going all who could! It turned out to be a great turn out!
Also last night Tuesday night I got a phone call from my mom! They said they are doing GREAT! They are being fed soooooo well! They have 3 meals a day with desert if they want! She said starting the next day she is going to have to start taking a salad because they were being fed TOO well! =) They were able to practice the first discussion and are doing the second today. They had a fireside last night and heard from a member of the quorum of the seventy. Sorry I can't remember who she said... They even have a missionary couple who's mission is to take care of the couple missionaries at the MTC. So, this couple has been making sure they are doing GREAT!
My mom even said that someone found her some WD40 for her "SQUEAKY LEG BRACE"! Thanks to whoever did that! =) Here are some pictures from our family pool party.
WE LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD! WAY TO GO! Sister Heaton
Elder Heaton and Kael

me and Kael


Daniel Volma Heaton
(newest addition to the fam)


Lil Jacob

The Heaton Boys


Pool



Thanks all those who put on the pool party. It sure was a lot of fun!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sure looked like a nice going away party for your parents! I am so glad they are going on a mission! I can imagine how hard it is to leave your grandbabies and children but they are doing the right thing and I am so happy for them and your family!