Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Late B-Day And Talking

Derek turned 25 on Valentines Day! Quarter of a century... Big day in our house! We were slackers and didn't take any pictures... We had a great day though!
As of Friday the 13th Kael is officially trying to talk. It is still nonsense for the most part, but the other day I caught him saying mama!! It wasn't mumbled or jumbled or nonsense!!! He clearly said MaMa!!! I of course called Derek immediately so that maybe someone would believe that my 6 month old said mama... He was sweet and believed me. However it got better! I desperately wanted someone else to hear it so that I wasn't crazy! He said it 2 more times that day for Derek and me!!! I'm NOT crazy!!! It was great! The best feeling in the whole world!!! Then the next morning Kael was up at around 6:30 so I was bringing him to my bed and Derek was leaving to go to the couch because he had a rough night, and I promise when Derek left the room (this was on his b-day) Kael looked up from the bed and said, "DaDa"!!! I promise he did! Of course Derek had left the room and couldn't hear it, but he did say it....

Unfortunately since then he hasn't said either mama or dada, but he is trying really really hard! It is too cute! He really likes saying the ba sound and mmmmm. This is long, but it really was special to me!

I had a great Valentines Day! I was able to spend the whole day with Derek!!! He still had to do some homework, but it was just really relaxing and great getting to spend the whole day together! Also my sweet hubby got me flowers!!

I love you sweetie!!!

2 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I believe you! Kaylee did the same thing. She was saying Hi of all things when she was about 5 mo. Jon was convinced for a couple of weeks that that was her first word. That is of course until she started saying Dada. Then that was her official first word according to Jon. How fun that Kael's first understandable sound was Mama! Way to go little man keep on talking.

Wilson Family said...

Kael is very smart! I love when they start to say things. Most of all I like it when they say mama and dada the most. It makes all your hard work really mean something. He is really cute.