Thursday, June 09, 2016

Carlsbad Caverns New Mexico March 24-27th

We made a whirlwind trip to New Mexico to see Mom and Dad Heaton in their RV and Shannon and Dwayne's family and Josh even was able to come! It was a FABULOUS trip! I learned how to road trip with 4 kids by myself, and learned we are loved a whole lot.

The caverns were absolutely beautiful! It was worth the mile trek down, 1 mild around, and the 1 mile back up. The kids did an absolute great job hiking it, and Grandma was a saint and watched Connor in the van.

We went to Roswell, New Mexico the first day and saw some aliens and toured around a museum. We got to experience our first camping trip and had our tent poles broken. Piling everyone in the RV from high winds. Lots of LOVE. Lots of cousin time. Lots of Uncle Josh time. Lots of FUN. And lots of rescuing Sharice. Lost my marbles on this trip... Maybe just my wallet, but my family saved me. Because that's what family does. Over and over again. AND we found out that Connor gets super car sick. He threw up twice on the trip.

The first day we got there we drove 7 hours and Connor threw up about 30 minutes to the camp site. But we arrived and were greeted by aliens.
We were so happy to make it. Connor especially since he was covered in the throw up because we just needed to get there. We got our camp site and I had bought some pizza. The kids ate the pizza and Connor screamed while I frantically set up the tent. We got settled and cleaned up and I got the kids to bed. Around 9-10 everyone else made it. We finished setting up and got everything settled.
Here's our super fun camp site. The tents were on the other side of the RV.
These were the tents AFTER the wind storm.

Day 1 Roswell New Mexico
"Lots of alien visitations and souvenirs from Grandpa"
The girls took a trip to Walmart first. I decided if I were the drinking type I would have tried this. Not something you see openly in Utah. I really wish there wasn't any alcohol in that because I would have purchased anything that said best Root Beer.



















Night time fun.



Day 2 Carlsbad Caverns:
















 I hiked the whole way down with Elara on my back. Then, I made her hike 1 mile around the bottom and threw her back up. About 1/4 of the way back up I gave up and let Josh take her on his back. I was pretty proud of myself though. Thanks Josh, I'm so glad you were there!
 Day 3: The trip home.
We got all packed up and took off only to discover about 30 minutes into it I couldn't find my wallet anywhere... We were at a Wendy's. After calling everyone frantically they piled in the RV and van and came to my rescue. We needed an excuse to see everyone one more time. It was wonderful. One of those ugly cry wonderfuls. Then, seeing the cousins hugging goodbye made me ugly cry one more time. And then lunch was over and we took off back to Texas until next time when I'm certain I will ugly cry one more time. We made several stops on the way home with stinky poopy diapers, Elara pooping on the side of the road, but thankfully no puking this time from Connor.
 She is her Grandpa's granddaughter with that face. haha
 Eden is the middle of a Day kid sandwich. Cousins are the best.

 Connor and then Kael's turn. Elara got squished too.



You always feel loved when you come home to gifts!
Derek made me this shelf! He was on night shift so we didn't see him until the next morning.

He loves me and knows me well.

No comments: