Friday, August 24, 2012

Kael Turned 4!!!

The anticipation for his birthday has been amazing! Kael has been so excited for weeks leading up to it. He has been asking for a bow and arrow for months. It all started when we read his Book of Mormon stories book and the story of the 2000 stripling warriors following Helaman to battle and how their Mom's taught them to have faith came up. It is a pop up book and had a picture of all the soldiers with bows and arrows. Every time we read the story he would say, "Mom, I need a bow and arrow!" So, Derek and I started to say if he was good maybe he would get one for his birthday. 
His birthday was on a Monday, but with Derek's crazy schedule we waited until the weekend to celebrate because he finally got a Saturday off. The week was torture and every day was Kael's birthday. So, we literally talked about his birthday and celebrated for a week straight. Eden even got in on it, everything was, "it's Kael's birthday, it's my birthday". On Friday night I got brave and made his cake. I let him pick it out from the store and tell me what he wanted. He picked the funfetti with the dots in it and then wanted an angry birds space cake. Oh boy. I looked at so many pictures on the internet. I really didn't want to put the time into a fondant cake (hours), so I just made up some buttercream frosting and it was delicious! After hours to find the right bird and practicing drawing it on paper I think it turned out awesome! I let him pick a square or rectangle cake, and he wanted a circle. Then, he scrutinized every detail I did... It was a lot of fun actually and when I was done I got the best praise. I asked him if he liked his cake and he replied, "It's PERFECT Mom!!!" Well, 6th grade art teacher who let me grade myself and I got a C, guess what?! My artwork is PERFECT! Beat that! No art classes since then either! I'm just glad he liked it!
 Saturday came and he had been telling us for weeks he wanted to go to Discovery Gateway. It was a lot of fun and there weren't very many kids there. Kael's Grammy and Grampster were able to come with us and then we ate lunch at McDonald's. The kids had a blast! 
When we got home Kael showed his Grammy and Grampster how he could ride his bike with no training wheels. Then, we ate cake. Eden fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept through singing and cake. Then, it was nap time and it was much needed after a fun filled morning!


 Then, PRESENTS!
We got him a doctor set so he could be like Dad. Eden loved trying to help him with the presents and it made me super excited for Christmas this year! I also made him a reversible cape superman and spiderman and we got him a mask to go with it. And, of course he got his bow and arrow. We hid it until last and he was so excited! Now he talks about saving people from bad guys all the time. It is quite hilarious and I love that his imagination is just going crazy now! He is quite the 4 year old and I'm loving this guy more and more every day!






 Kael,
You are one amazing kid! I love being your Mom and I am so excited to see the next 4 years! Love you kiddo!
Mom

No comments: